Beaches reopen in limited capacity
Update on re-opening of San Diego beaches
Phase 1, which allows limited coastal activities, takes effect Monday, April 27, 2020 at sunrise:
- Beaches and shorelines: Only walking and running allowed. No stopping, sitting or lying down.
- Oceans: Swimming, surfing, kayaking and single-person paddling allowed.
- Bays: Not open for swimming or recreational boating. Kayaking and single-person paddling allowed.
- Closed: Boardwalks, piers, parking lots and Fiesta Island
- Not allowed anywhere: Gatherings and non-physical distancing activities
Thanks to Tuck Russell for the above info.
Phase 2 (to include Fiesta Island, piers, and parking lots) – To be determined
Physical distancing and facial coverings still advised, limited parking available in some locations.
I'd interpret "no stopping" as "not for longer than required to ID a bird"…
Source: SanDiegoRegionBirding Latest Reports